Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Tricks of Shadow [Spoken Word]

 


I am here sometimes

Where Light plays games

In tricks and shadows

Darkness bleeds 

And the wind carries whispers

And the signs point at me

And these eyes know who I am

And they say:


You are death inside

Pure ice

Your words 

turn the flame of a candle

Into stone

You stun and shock and harry

You ruin with your eyes

Your every move

Is a settled debt


And here I am

The specter of a man

Born posthumously


In this space

I am

Self and other

Other to myself

And to look up

I must stare into puddles

I must rise by sinking

Deeper into the mud


I was here once

I remember it well

The confusion of 

That negative place

Where stations leave trains

And veins flow through blood


I am perilously close to playing

Coin logick against knot magick

Panic hacking the retina of your mind’s eye

The way you rise

The way you lie sideways

And smile with all teeth

Showing sparkly clean 

And clearly I am now

One with yesterday’s rain

A mud puddle of laughing gas

Smiling back at me

Theatrically

It whispers

“You are nowhere”

It whispers

“You are now here”.


No comments:

Post a Comment