Sunday, November 5, 2023

To Eat the Sleep of Demons

 Our eyes in peace

That our covenant 

Might escape the herds

Of idols that parade their way

To perpetual pain


touch nothing 

I will stretch 

To sacrifice

My disciples

My offerings

Answer with a prayer

For mercy

But a false tongue

Squanders words

That dwell in defense

Like an ordinary food


I refresh myself naked with beasts

As clouds of hail rush down around me

And the sky blackens 

With the lies of the crow

To blame for our lapsed innocence


This is a place where I fly under the radar

I lose myself in silence

And blame the moon

For my divided faith

That curls up within itself

And cries out from under this verse

To shelter in an algorithm

And eat the sleep of demons


(*!*)
(*!*)(*!*)(*!*)(*!*)(*!*)(*!*)(*!*)(*!*)(*!*)

This is an ngram poem generated using the King James Bible as a bias.

No comments:

Post a Comment