Friday, May 5, 2023

The Gift of Yodabund

 antagonists pay the River in selfhood

Time washed away their scars

crouching homewards 

Against the river’s flow

superficial lesions of the soul

Are forgiven debts to Great Yodabund





x

The whimsical ghosts of those other trees

Are exorcised by Great Yodabund’s teachings

Her mythical tress shake me free

Of my dusty slumber and into

Someplace new & in between

And She will make Her own trees

The Tree of Pain, 

that it may become a beacon

Of feeling in a world numbed by cruelty

And the Tree of Forgiveness

That it may blank a wounded soul

Free of its debts

I am Yodabund. If you are searching for a master, you have found her. Your soul is your memory and I, Yodabund, am the eater of souls. Bring your pain to me and I will wipe you clean as a new born babe suckling at the teat of his mother. Come to me, and I will make you fresh and new. To become what you must, you must destroy who you are. Come. My revelation is waiting.


[.:.][.:.][.:.][.:.][.:.][.:.][.:.][.:.]


I'm working on a collection of Yodabund poems. This was written using the Yodabund bias. Her book will be similar to Blake's Illuminated texts. As the character develops, it becomes easier to generate voiced content for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment